A blog I started in 2008 - 9 to document my travels... continued!

Friday 10 October 2008

more walking around







More walking around. Walk walk walk... did a tour of the north-east section of the city, residential and pretty. Went to two more of the big plazas. Of particular note are the variety of rubbish containers that people have outside their houses... all a bit different, very sculptural. I noticed several cars with yellow plastic bottles on top... I later learnt this means the car is for sale! On the subject of cars, I have been seeing alot of old Fiats, (500? 600? Seat?) and remembering how much I love this car - we had one when I was a kid and its the car my mum passed her driving test in when pregnant with me...

The pond is in Parque Saavedra, the water looked pretty skanky but kids were swimming in it... from there I turned into Calle 12 where the 'fancy' shops are... and if I get the urge to buy a fridge, this is where I will buy it....

No comments: