A blog I started in 2008 - 9 to document my travels... continued!

Monday 8 December 2008

ZKM




After a mildly harrowing night train ride from Vienna to Karlsruhe, we spent 3 days at ZKM centre for media art which is housed in an old ammunitions factory. This was my first visit to ZKM having heard about it for years and I was damn impressed... the scale both physically and the amount of exhibitions, art works and catalogues they generate is incredible... I saw three shows, Medium Religion, YOU_ser and Bit all of which were very interesting. We had a tour of Bit with curator Darko Fritz, just a stunning show. I'm posting 3 images: the robot bible-writer is from Medium Religion (beautiful, so delicate), the big light wall is an installation in the ZKM main foyer by Rosalie, and an image from ZKM from the outside. The glass cube building contains studios for the Music and Acoustics department....

No comments: