A blog I started in 2008 - 9 to document my travels... continued!

Friday 28 November 2008

Print collection at Gottweig





The monastery has Austria's largest private collection of historical graphical art. The collection has over 20,000 pieces and dates back to the first reported acquisition in 1621. A digitization project is underway and many pieces are now available for view in an online database - and can also be ordered as beautiful reproduction prints! Get your orders in for Christmas!

2 comments:

Chrystene said...

Oh my god, I would have been in a swoon! This looks like an incredible place. Just the things lying around on the table, like the stencils and stuff, look fascinating -- let alone the actual pieces! (wish I were there)

RVK said...

i know... just being in this room is a thrill!